tonetdseto Admin replied

293 weeks ago

ERROR_GETTING_IMAGES

Wing And A Prayer Movie Free Download In Hindi

Show Spoiler

646f9e108c An aircraft carrier is sent on a decoy mission around the Pacific, with orders to avoid combat, thus lulling Japanese alertness before the battle of Midway. All the men have their individual worries and concerns, but become increasingly frustrated at their avoidance of combat, for reasons unknown to them. But in the end, all get their chance to fight.
In WW2, an American aircraft carrier sails around the Pacific on a decoy mission until it joins the battle of Midway against the Japanese forces.
I enjoyed this film,although it only was tangentially a film about the Battle of Midway (probably the most important naval battle of WWII), it was a billion times better than the 1970s film "Midway". Midway was a very sloppy film–with tons of badly inserted file footage. Often, the footage was too grainy or featured planes that literally changed into different planes in mid-air! Here in "Wing and a Prayer", although some stock footage is used, it's used far less extensively and more seamlessly.<br/><br/>The film is about a lone US aircraft carrier who is given a lousy mission–to try to AVOID contact with the enemy and run whenever they are detected. The goal is to lull the Japanese into thinking the Americans are not prepared for war and are more vulnerable than they really were. But instead of just focusing on this 'big picture' approach, the movie specifically focuses on one small unit on board the ship. The impact of these unorthodox maneuvers on the men and their stories are the goal of this film.<br/><br/>The film is very entertaining. Much of this is because although the subject might seem a bit dry today, there are lots of nice vignettes and excellent acting. The main stars, Dana Andrews and Don Ameche, are goodalways–this is certainly no surpriseboth were great professionals. But it also helped that they had some excellent performances from supporting actors–most of which might not even be recognized today (aside from a young Harry Morgan). But to fans of old time cinema, the faces of Richard Jaeckel, Charles Bickford and others are a welcome sight–and provide nice and realistic color to the film. The only real sour note here was the ensign who flew with an Oscar (the award, not the Japanese plane)–this seemed ridiculous and out of place. A few of the real standout scenes were the plane that was stuck and couldn't pull out of a bombing runwellthe great scenes of the men on the ship listening to the airplane chatterthe battle raged on–their faces really said it all.<br/><br/>Overall, a nice depiction of the events leading up to Midwaywellof the battle itself. While the footage used wasn't perfect (see below), it was used well and the movie provided good entertainment and an explanation of what was happening to the folks back home during the war. Good and a must for aviation buffs.<br/><br/>FYI–For true aviation/navy nuts (like myself) only: Note that in some scenes the SB2C Helldiver dive bomber was featured. This plane did not begin service until later 1943–a year and a half after the events featured in the film occurred. You can't entirely blame Hollywood–they probably made good with what they had available to them at the time,the Dauntless dive bombers were being phased out when the film was made. Also, while Avenger torpedo planes did fight at Midway, only six were available–as the plane was brand-new to the war in June 1942 Yet, in the film, there are lots of Avengers and none of the more widely used Devastators. Again, this info is only for maniacs like me who care about such details.<br/><br/>Also, ironically, footage for the film was shot on the USS Yorktown II– ship that replaced the Yorktown. The old Yorktown had been lost at the Battle of Midway. Plus, the film almost makes it lookif the carrier in the film (never referred to by name) was the only US carrier in the battle, though the Hornet, Yorktwown and Enterprise all participated. You see other ships in the film, but no real mention is made of them.
The movie is very interesting, and according to my own researches and familiarities ( since I am presently in my eighth decade ), one of the pleasures for me was NOT to see the time-worn scene of the bullet-riddled F4F "crashing" onto the deck and sliding into the command tower,is shown in 9 out of 8 movies about WWII Navy pictures. Don Ameche does, if fact, do a very "military" version of the man-in-charge. Me Dear-departed mither into her ninth decade felt that Dana Andrews was the true Hollywoodie-Hero of all times. But what intrigues me MOST about the movie, since we have cruised through the islands of the tropical Pacific ( Figi, Samoa, American Samoa ), is that the film makers felt it necessary for the pilots, when retiring at night aboard ship, to wear PAJAMAS, and sleep under SHEETS and BLANKETS. WE did no such thing !!!

the G.I. Joe: Renegades hindi dubbed free downloadStop Sleeping full movie download mp4Final Fantasy XIII-2 full movie hd 1080ptamil movie dubbed in hindi free download Prahaar: The Final AttackChristopher Hope et le secret de Napol on full movie download mp4Vom Geist der Zeit 720p moviesThe Shepherd in hindi download free in torrentStreet Fighter Alpha movie in hindi dubbed downloadSecond Show full movie hd 720p free downloadCatch Me movie mp4 download

last edited 215 weeks ago by tonetdseto
Please log in to post a reply.